Outdoor Weekend Masses
St. Francis Xavier (SFX) offers weekend outdoor Masses on Saturdays at 4:30pm and Sundays at 8:30am and 10:00am. We celebrate Mass right in our parking lot, or “car park” as Fr. Karl says.
No advanced reservation or ticket is required to attend our weekend Masses. Just drive in and participate in Mass from inside your vehicle.
Here’s how to celebrate Mass with us:
First a few requirements…
- Do not come to church if you:
- are feeling ill or have a fever.
- have come in contact with anyone testing positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times – even though we are outdoors.
- We suggest arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass. Drive up to our Parking Lot Attendant who will assign you to a parking lot spot based on the size of your vehicle. Cars will be assigned a spot in the front row while taller vehicles will be assigned a spot in the back row.
- You may give your offertory envelope to the Parking Lot Attendant or give online.
- Head to your assigned parking spot. Additional parking lot attendants will be available to guide you.
Prepare for Mass
- Attend mass from inside your vehicle.
- The Mass will be broadcasted via your car radio at FM 88.5.
- Eucharistic Ministers (EMs) will provide the Eucharist in the parking lot.
- They will come to your vehicle and provide the Eucharist through your car window. Please do not exit your vehicle.
- You must continue to wear your face covering when receiving the Eucharist. The EM will place the host in your hand.
- When the EM walks away from your vehicle you may pull back your face covering and take the host. Then place your face covering back on.
- After the conclusion of Mass exit the parking lot in an orderly fashion.
- Parking Lot Attendants will direct you out of the lot.
- Please do not congregate in the parking lot afterwards.