Outdoor Weekend Masses
St. Francis Xavier (SFX) offers weekend outdoor Masses on Saturdays at 4:30pm and Sundays at 8:30am. We celebrate Mass right in our parking lot, or “car park” as Fr. Karl says.
No advanced reservation or ticket is required to attend our weekend Masses. Just drive in and participate in Mass from inside your vehicle or from a lawn chair placed in front of your vehicle.
Here’s how to celebrate Mass with us:
First a few requirements…
- Do not come to church if you:
- are feeling ill or have a fever.
- have come in contact with anyone testing positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times – even though we are outdoors.
- We suggest arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass. Drive up to our Parking Lot Attendant who will assign you a numbered parking lot spot based on the size of your vehicle. Cars will be assigned a spot in the front row while taller vehicles will be assigned a spot in the back row.
- You may give your offertory envelope to the Parking Lot Attendant or give online.
- Head to your assigned parking spot. Additional parking lot attendants will be available to guide you. Each parking stall is numbered. To ensure physical distance guidelines there will always be an empty space between each vehicle.
Prepare for Mass
- You may either attend Mass from inside your vehicle or bring a lawn chair and place it in front of your vehicle.
- The Mass will be broadcasted via speakers in the parking lot and will also be simulcast on your car radio at FM 88.5.
- Four Eucharistic Ministers (EMs) will provide the Eucharist in the parking lot. Please select the minister that is closest to your vehicle.
- Please use the white physical spacing dots in the parking lot to line up for Communion.
- You must continue to wear your face covering when receiving the Eucharist. The EM will place the host in your hand.
- When you turn around to walk back to your vehicle you may pull back your face covering and take the host. Then place your face covering back on.
- Need assistance? If you are unable to come to an EM please turn on your vehicle’s hazard flashers. An EM will then come to your vehicle for Communion.
- When returning to your vehicle after Communion you may pack up any lawn chairs you may have used and return inside your vehicle for the conclusion of Mass..
- After the conclusion of Mass exit the parking lot in an orderly fashion.
- Parking Lot Attendants will direct you out of the lot.
- Please do not congregate in the parking lot afterwards.