Twelve Things I’ve Learned This Year…poking some fun at the year all of us want to forget!
1. The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.
2. I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.
3. 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.
4. The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house, and their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors.
5. This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought it understood her. I came into my house and told my dog. We both laughed a lot.
6. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will let you believe all is well in the kingdom.
7. Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?
8. This virus has done what no woman has ever been able to do. Cancel sports, shut down all bars, and keep men at home!
9. I never thought the comment, “I wouldn’t touch him or her with a 6-foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!
10. I need to practice physical-distancing from the refrigerator.
11. Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go up to a bank teller wearing a mask and ask for money.
12. Zooming used to mean I was going fast. Now it means I am sitting still.